Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment
What is Ankylosing Spondylitis?
What is Ankylosing Spondylitis? Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) is pronounced “ANK-ki-low-sing spon-di-LIE-tis” and is a chronic inflammatory disease that affects primarily the sacroiliac joints (where the bottom area of the spine attaches to the pelvis), spine, and hip joints. Ankylosing is a term meaning stiff or rigid and Spondylitis means inflammation of the spine. It is a form of autoimmune inflammatory arthritis that typically appears slowly and gradually.
HLA-B27 Ankylosing Spondylitis
The cause of AS is not currently known to modern medicine It is most common in men, particularly young adults, and less common among women. It appears to be an inherited condition as about 96 percent of the people who have AS carry the HLA-B27 gene. Not everyone with that gene expression will develop Ankylosis Spondylitis, but there is a higher propensity to be a likely candidate and even pass it on to their children. The condition is slow to show and slow to progress, but it can fuse your vertebrae together if it does get really advanced.
Ankylosing Spondylitis Symptoms
Ankylosing Spondylitis is a long-term form of arthritis that usually occurs in the spine but can also show up in other places. Here are the most Ankylosing Spondylitis Symptoms:
- Lower-back pain that is commonly worse at night, in the morning, or after periods of inactivity
- Limited range of motion and lower back stiffness
- Stiffness and pain in the hips
- Limited expansion of the chest
- Limited Range of motion, most specifically in the hips and spine
- Joint swelling and pain in the knees, ankles and shoulders
- Neck Pain, elbow and heel pain
- Chronic fatigue or general weakness
- Loss of appetite or weight loss
- Eye inflammation (less common)
If you have any combination of these symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis then you should begin a natural treatment that takes care of the cause before it gets more serious. A good way to start is by stopping the chronic inflammation that is one of the main causes, that also leads to more serious conditions like cancer if not treated. See Joint Inflammation Relief.
Ankylosing Spondylitis Prognosis
People that are experiencing Ankylosing Spondylitis (about 70%) are generally in the mild category of the condition. Up to 30% of people with AS symptoms have it turn into a more severe Ankylosing Spondylitis prognosis or advanced AS. This only happens when you don’t treat the cause of it, and your joints become fused.
The chronic inflammation is a great problem that can lead to other severe issues like cancer, Alzheimer’s, osteoporosis, sciatica, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, autoimmune disorders and stroke. Get started by following a low or no starch diet for Ankylosing Spondylitis. It will help stop feeding the chronic inflammation and damage being done to your joints and connective tissues. It will also stop feeding infections and lower your chances to develop cancer or diabetes.
Ankylosing Spondylitis Diet
AS can be successfully controlled and even reversed if the person is willing to modify their diet (particularly their intake of simple sugars and starchy carbohydrates) and make exercise a standard part of their daily routine. Anti-Inflammatory medications are usually prescribed by medical doctors, and may be necessary for short-term pain and inflammation relief, but they should not become the staple of your recovery program. Here are some good Ankylosing Spondylitis Diet foods you should begin to include in your daily diet:
- Eat more salads
- Eat more leafy greens
- Use zucchini pasta instead of wheat pasta
- Use lettuce leafs instead of bread when making sandwiches
- Use mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes
- Use organic whole milk and cheese instead of low fat varieties
- Eat more healthy protein
- Drink alkaline water and juices
Use natural organic sweeteners when you need sweet. I like Stevia for cold beverages and dishes. And organic agave for hot beverages. You don’t need that much, just enough to make it satisfying.
Ankylosing Spondylitis Exercises
Chiropractic care can provide some help in movement and pain recovery, but to free yourself from AS you need to take a holistic approach. Holistic (meaning treating the whole person) therapies can help your body restore it’s natural healthy state and improve your life in every area. Using joint friendly ankylosing spondylitis exercises like Tai Chi, Yoga and stretching can be very helpful to increase circulation and prevent premature joint fusions. Spinal Decompression Therapy can be very useful form of Ankylosing Spondylitis Exercises as it relieves tension on your Sacroiliac Joints (that cause your SI Joint Pain) and spinal column.
Another exciting area of holistic medicine that is showing promise for arthritis and other chronic conditions is Tapping Therapy. What this does is activates the same energy pathways in the body as acupuncture (but without the pain or needles) and clears stuck or blocked energy. We all know that stagnant anything is not healthy. Air and Water need to be moving for it to be healthy for us.
Our body is no different and stuck energy leads to parts of our body where that blockage is (with arthritis, the joints) get stiff, inflamed and painful. When you get that energy moving again, the condition, many times will magically disappear. It’s not magic, but science that is showing that this is working for many people. I would recommend looking into this as a natural healing modality for Ankylosing Spondylitis. To discover more about it, visit Tapping for Arthritis.
Treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis
A key to experiencing a full recovery from Arthritis Spondylitis pain and inflammation begins with stopping the causes that are causing your AS symptoms. Re-setting your compromised immune system is the first step. It won’t get better until you balance your immune system and have it working on your side instead of against you. Treating any system wide or joint infections is another main concern and getting rid of these can stop the chronic inflammation and joint destruction.
Also giving your body the nutrition and supplementation it needs to stop the pain and inflammation. And finally strengthen your joint socket and build a healthy and stabilizing bone density will keep everything in place, exactly as it should be in a healthy body. Following the natural remedies for ankylosing spondylitis below will help you not only stop the pain and chronic inflammation but may even reverse it completely.
Natural Remedies for Ankylosing Spondylitis
Use the following natural remedies for Ankylosing Spondylitis in any order, although it is recommended that you do it from 1 to 7 if you possibly can for best results.
- Stop Joint Infections – Medicinal Mushrooms and Oil of Oregano can do this very well. Natural Zeolite is another powerful way to stop joint infections.
- Balance Immune System – Stop the autoimmune cause of AS (stops your immune system from attacking your joints). Use the Zeotrex (a liquid zeolite) or Zeolite-AV (zeolite powder capsules) that have added immune balancing nutrients. You can’t heal from AS until you address this core cause of it.
- Natural Pain Relief – Use Turmeric Curcumin and Cannabinoids to relieve your pain and inflammation naturally.
- Systemic Enzymes – Systemic Enzymes (Heal and Soothe) relieve pain naturally and stops your joints from being fused together. These enzymes break up excess calcium and heavy metal deposits (spurs) that end up in your joints and leading to severe late stage Ankylosing Spondylitis. Taking these enzymes stop this progression and allow your joints to maintain mobility.
- Stop Chronic Inflammation – Try using natural Resveratrol Extract. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory herb extract with high antioxidant capabilities too. It is highly recommended for joint inflammation and healing. It is also very heart healthy and increases cardiovascular health!
- Rhumatol – a Homeopathic Medicine that relieves Inflammation associated with Ankylosing Spondylitis, Psoriasis, Psoriatic Arthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis. It can spur a healing when other things can’t.
- Joint Regenerator – Give your body the proper nutrients it needs to rebuild healthy joints and prevent fusion of vertebra and joints. It will help you rebuild new healthy cartilage, joint cushioning fluid and strong/smooth joint surfaces.
When you begin addressing the cause of your Ankylosing Spondylitis, you will not only get rid of the painful symptoms, but you gain mobility to do the things you really want to do in life. You can get your life back and start living a pain-free existence once again.