Diet for Arthritis
What is the Arthritis Diet? There is an important connection between Diet and Arthritis. As with almost every disease or condition, poor nutrition and diet are at the core of arthritis, particularly rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis as the are autoimmune conditions that thrive off of excess sugars in the diet. You can greatly help reduce and in some cases reverse your arthritis symptoms by using a specialized Diet for Arthritis.
It starts with how the foods you eat are produced and find their way to your table. Almost all the food most people consume has produced conventionally. They are mass produced, treated with chemical fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides, larvacides and antibiotics. Those toxic additives are harmful to your immune system and are a leading cause of autoimmune disorders!
But that’s not enough for them, they also frequently add growth hormones and GMO organisms (viruses, pesticides) internally, then irradiate (yes, with radiation poisoning – which poisons pathogens and human alike) and then coat them with petroleum based wax. If you can eat organic as much as you can, or at least food grown without pesticides and antibiotics you will be so much better off, and will lessen the severity of all chronic conditions like arthritis.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Diet
Autoimmune conditions can be eased or worsened by diet. A Rheumatoid Arthritis Diet Plan can help stop the onset of your rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and flare up due to “feeding the beast” so to speak, or the sugars that feed viral and fungal infections, induce chronic inflammation in your whole body and whack out your immune system. You can take natural anti inflammatory supplements to stop the inflammation and it can greatly help, but fixing it at the diet level is the best long term solution.
There are certain foods you need to avoid, and certain foods that you can eat that will make your body more resistant to the negative effects of rheumatoid arthritis. A recent discovery is that is showing a lot of promise is using The Paleo Diet for Rheumatoid Arthritis relief. It has all the basic essentials of good anti arthritis foods to avoid with arthritis, as well as the proper type of arthritis foods that helps stop your painful rheumatoid arthritis flareups.
Paleo Diet and Rheumatoid Arthritis
The Paleo Diet and Rheumatoid Arthritis go really well together! The Paleo Diet plan is a simple, non-acidic, no-junk whole food diet plan that stops the main causes of chronic inflammation, arthritis, cancer, diabetes, heart disease and even cancers! It is also what professional athletes use when they need to get into shape quickly and have their bodies performing at their optimum levels. It can also help you lose a lot of stored body fat quickly and safely.
It is not a fad diet but a healthy eating plan that can help you not only drop pounds quickly but also drop chronic diseases! I follow it myself as I am a natural bodybuilder and I can lift stronger and longer than people 1/3 of my age, and they can’t believe it when I tell them how old I am. I do let them know that health is 70% diet and 30% exercise, and if they are not eating clean and healthy they will not perform at their best. You can also reap the benefits as it is an easy diet to follow that happens to be the ideal diet for rheumatoid arthritis.
Psoriatic Arthritis Diet
Like Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis is an Autoimmune condition that combines arthritis with psoriasis. It can also be eased or worsened by specific foods. A Psoriatic Arthritis Diet Plan can help stop the onset of your psoriatic arthritis symptoms and flare ups due to “feeding the beast” so to speak, or the simple carbohydrates (sugars) that feed viral and fungal infections, induce chronic inflammation in your whole body and whack out your immune system and cause skin eruptions.
It is the same basic arthritis diet for rheumatoid arthritis as they both are greatly helped by eating mediterranean or paleo diet foods, and avoiding simple sugars, processed foods, GMO foods (genetically engineered), and usually dairy foods. Eating organic is a big plus as you are avoiding pesticides, herbicides and fungicides that disrupt your immune system and cause a lot of your arthritis symptoms. You can take natural anti inflammatories to stop the inflammation, but fixing it at the diet level is the best long term plan you can have.
Foods to Avoid With Arthritis
Step 1: Limiting the arthritis causing foods. Avoid these as much as you can:
- Anything with Corn Syrup in it (it’s really bad, and is actually produced by Genetic Engineering)
- Any refined foods – Refined sugar, refined bread, refined rice (basically anything processed)
- Anything commercially produced whether meats, vegetables, fruits or milk
- Trans fats (partially hydrogenized oils)
- MSG (monosodium glutamate)
- Fluoride (It is one of the most toxic chemicals in the world) Purchase toothpaste without it, you don’t need it. Drink purified water (tap has it in it)
- Milk and milk products, meat (fish, chicken, pork, beef, etc), eggs. Reduce or eliminate those items in that order. All meats are disease producing period. I found it difficult at first to avoid them, but if you do your homework you’ll find many alternatives which after you eat them you will actually prefer them. If you really want to get cured, it starts here, really.) This is pretty much the paleo diet as discussed above! Don’t use any of these foods to avoid for arthritis and you will be halfway there.
Foods For Arthritis
Step 2: The Anti Arthritis Diet. Add these to your diet as much as you can:
- Alkaline Foods – the highest alkaline foods and even drinking alkaline water can help ease arthritis and gout pain.
- Olive Oil (first cold expeller pressed, organic if possible), use it exclusively as much as you can. Grapeseed oil is good too.
- All vegetables, particularly green leafy ones. Vegetable soups with cayenne, turmeric or cumin in them will help reverse inflammation. Limit tomatoes at first until you start improving with your overall condition. Organic if possible, as the conventional types as they come with a lot of freebies that may go bump in your body.
- Mediterranean Foods are very helpful for arthritis.
- Avocados and Walnuts are highly recommended
- Most all fruits, limiting the citrus fruits until you improve. Particularly all the berries, pineapple and papaya (they have enzymes that can reduce bone spurs in your joints)
- Beans and legumes, eat plenty of them and mix them with a grain (wheat or rice) for a complete protein
- Organic Soy products only! They are very beneficial, even for bodybuilders! I’ve been using them in my personal bodybuilding training and myself and those that I train have gained strength, improved muscle and skin tone (acne and rashes can completely disappear) and lost excess bodyfat that I couldn’t when I ate the Standard American Diet (SAD) Sickly Acidic Deadly. I’ve switched to GLAD (Green Live Alkaline Delicious) and I’m GLAD that I did. You will be to when you do (your doctor may not, as he or she may loose a lot of residual income)
- Eat live sprouted grains and add a little wheatgrass juice to your diet. Get a Juicer if you can. Use these foods for arthritis to ease away your arthritis symptoms and get rid of a host of other chronic conditions and even drop some excess body fat naturally!
Anti Inflammatory for Arthritis
Step 3: Anti Inflammatory for arthritis relief and natural supplementation. These are typically your warming herbs and spices like Turmeric for Arthritis (with bioperine), ginger, boswellia and systemic enzymes that the most common arthritis medications are based off of, but without the dangerous side effects. These are powerful natural foods that act as natural pain killers as well as stopping inflammation. They can help you avoid painful flare ups and give you a more natural range of motion in your joints.
Zeolite powder is highly recommended if you have any autoimmune type of arthritis or other chronic condition because it gets rid of the pathogens that are causing the immune disorder. So go ahead and add some natural anti inflammatory supplements to your daily diet. These can help you get some real arthritis relief, and even reverse the cause of your arthritis so you can be free from it for good!