Arthritis in the Feet
Arthritis in the Feet causes pain, inflammation, and swelling of the joints in the toes and feet and is usually accompanied by tenderness to the touch and painful standing or movement. You will most likely experience severe pain in one foot, sometimes both feet, particularly when you try to flex or straighten it, put any weight on it (or accidentally roll over on it when we’re sleeping and twist it while walking on an uneven surface). Foot Arthritis is one of the most common areas for arthritis to show up in.
Since you use your feet frequently to stand and walk, and also it being the lowest point on your body where fluid accumulates, it can cause chronic inflammation over time if your body is too acidic. It can also happen if you have bone spurs, calcium deposits, infection or have scar tissue that has formed in your foot joints. The most common types of arthritis in the foot are osteoarthritis (wear and tear arthritis) and rheumatoid arthritis (inflammatory arthritis.)
Arthritis Pain in Foot
What causes Arthritis Pain in Foot? As we age, and particularly when we reach the middle years (ages 40 and above) our tissues and bodily structures (especially joints) tend to break down faster than it can be repaired without using an arthritis treatment and appropriate supplementation. You may hear cracking and popping noises more frequently than you have before because of joint inflammation and worn off cartilage tissue in your feet.
Bone spurs can form if the damage is left untreated too long, as the bone on bone grinding causes uneven cartilage wear. Bone moving across bone or damaged cartilage can cause severe arthritis foot pain and crackling type noises when you move your foot. Calcium deposits there (sometimes heavy metals) accumulate as it becomes inflamed and your body tries to repair it. Foot arthritis pain can make simple tasks like walking to the bathroom rather difficult as one wrong touch can send pain shooting up to our brains, and then we’re left with a red throbbing foot.
Types of Arthritis in Feet
There are many types of arthritis that can affect one foot or both feet. There are 5 very common Types of Arthritis in Feet that you will want to know about. The main 3 are types of arthritis you’ve probably heard of as they are very common; osteoarthritis in the feet, rheumatoid arthritis in the feet and gout or gouty arthritis. They all have their own telltale signs and symptoms and best ways to treat them as well.
Since your feet are the lowest part of your body fluid tends to accumulate (pool) there. Especially acids like uric acid as in gout, and infections grow easy there as it usually warm and damp if your feet are covered up a lot. All these foot arthritis conditions can be treated naturally by following the guidelines at the bottom of this page in most circumstances. Always consult your health care provider if you have a serious infection that isn’t healing or suspect a foot injury.
Arthritis in the Feet Symptoms
Arthritis in the Feet Symptoms can be due to rheumatoid arthritis in the feet or osteoarthrits in the feet. They both cause pain, tenderness to the touch, swelling, redness and sometimes the inability to walk normally. Here are the most commone arthritis in feet symptoms you should be aware of:
- Pain in either or both feet
- Tenderness on touch or movement
- Stiffness, especially after inactivity
- Inability to move feet normally
- Redness in the joints of your fee
- Swelling around the joints
- Difficulty walking
If your foot pain isn’t caused by an injury and you have any of the above symptoms you may be dealing with foot arthritis. There is plenty you can do to stop the progression of your arthritis and even reverse it if you start treating it as soon as possible. Natural treatments for foot arthritis can help you heal and gain greater mobility without harmful procedures like foot surgery or sometimes fatal side effects from prescriptions medicines.
Rheumatoid Arthritis in the Feet
Rheumatoid Arthritis in the Feet is caused by your immune system being compromised (weakened and hijacked by viral infection) so it starts attacking your own healthy cells and damages your joints. Over 90% of people that are diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis will develop Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) symptoms in their feet and ankles. RA symptoms usually appears first in the toes and then moves from the front of the foot to the back of the foot and then up to your ankles. It is important to treat the cause of the autoimmune part of RA with Natural Antivirals like Zeolite AV.
Rheumatoid Arthritis is an inflammatory type of arthritis (causes severe and painful inflammation) that affects many joints at once, unlike Osteoarthritis which usually happens on one joint or a pair. It is caused by your immune system being unbalanced and compromised, so it mistakenly now starts attacking your body’s healthy joints. Stealth viruses and an overly acidic body can cause your immune system to become out of whack, see How to Boost Your Immune System to stop this from happening to you and keep your immune system properly balanced and working for you instead of against you.
An RA attack can be triggered by taking prescription medicines (side effects), being exposed to chemicals, heavy metals contamination, antibiotic use or chemical toxins that negatively affect the immune system like fluoride, chlorine, and pesticides. For more information on how this happens and what you can do to potentially reverse it naturally see: Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment. See the natural remedies and treatment for foot arthritis at the bottom of this page to treat it naturally.
Osteoarthritis of the Foot
Osteoarthritis of the Foot is caused by excess wear and tear in your feet joints, from performing excess repetitive moments, sports injury and having too acidic a body. Arthritis is a chronic disease that affects your joints. And since your feet have 3003 joints it is no shock that your feet are a primary target for arthritis in the feet. Osteoarthritis or “wear and tear” arthritis becomes increasingly common as you reach 40 years of age and older, unlike Rheumatoid Arthritis which can happen in your younger years.
The pain is usually most common in the morning and after you get up from sitting or laying down. It tends to get better during the day (you’re more active) and worsens in the evening again. It happens because your joint cartilage become damaged by excess grinding, compression and by doing repetitive movements with your feet over time. It is common in athletes, professional drivers, runners and people who are on their feet for a long time, day in and day out. There is plenty you can do to stop and even reverse osteoarthritis in the feet if your joints are not yet fused together.
Natural Anti Inflammatory Herbs like turmeric, foods like pineapple, papaya and dark cherries, and eating alkaline foods can help greatly. Using system enzymes (like Heal N Soothe) can break up the scar tissue, bone spurs, excess calcium deposits, and damaged cartilage in your feet joints so you can actually heal. For more information on this type of wear and tear arthritis see: Osteoarthritis Treatment.
Treatment for Arthritis in the Foot
Here is a natural Treatment for Arthritis in the Foot that can help you relieve your arthritis foot pain, and even reverse your arthritis if your joints have not yet been permanently fused together:
- Heal n Soothe Arthritis is a natural enyme formula that works through your whole body and breaks up the scar tissue in your joints that make them inflexible. They also repair damaged torn cartilage, bone spurs and remove excess junk coral and carbonate calcium deposits.
- The Best Joint Supplement is a natural joint rebuilder with hyaluronic acid (joint fluid) for increased joint flexibility, hydrolyzed collagen peptides (bio-available collagen that is fully absorbable) and natural anti inflammatories like white willow bark extract, ionic sea minerals, Vitamin K2, Magnesium, and MSM. Super joint support has all the necessary natural nutrients, in the amount proven to restore optimum joint mobility and stop pain and joint destruction. It is very helpful tendonitis as well and has a rejuvenating effect on your hair, skin and body tissues. It restores lost joint fluid for proper cushioning and flexibility in your joints, advanced joint collagen to resurface worn or damaged cartilage and nutrients to inhibit the COX-2 inflammatory response and give you real pain relief.
- Turmeric for Arthritis effectively reduces your pain without the harmful side effects of prescription medicines.
- Intracal® is the #1 recommended form of calcium and magnesium (orotate) in the exact 2:1 ratio that is fully absorbed into your bones, teeth and joint surfaces to strengthen them and give them flexibility.
- Omega-3 Supplements are benefical for your joints and your brain, make sure to get these from natural sources (preferably from northern cold-water fish like salmon, mackerel and sardines or even flax seed oil)
- Natural Anti Inflammatories greatly reduce your pain, swelling and inflammation quickly
- Arthritis Pain Relief Cream rubbed deep into your painful joints provides instant relief. Natural CBD Hemp Oil and Emu Oil Creams work really well for arthritis pain relief and increasing joint flexibility)
Consider doing some joint friendly arthritis exercises as it will take pressure off the joints and strengthen the whole foot. Use these exercises while you’re taking your arthritis supplements because it will draw the healing nutrients directly in to the affected area. For Foot Arthritis, as for arthritis in the lower extremities, I highly recommend taking the above natural remedies for arthritis in the foot, because they have powerful tissue regeneration capabilities it provides you. It has a specific growth factors that build new joint tissue along with other special pain relieving herbs and immune system balancers too.