Arthritis in the Thumb
Arthritis in the Thumb is the inflammation or irritation of the thumb joint and is usually accompanied by tenderness to the touch and painful movement. You will notice thumb joint pain in our thumb when you flex your thumb or straighten it (or accidentally stub it on a wall or basketball). As you get older (particularly when you reach 40 years of age and older), your bones, joints and ligaments can’t repair themselves as fast as they used to, so any damage to your joints becomes more noticeable now. It is a common type of arthritis of the hands because it is your largest finger joint that you will experience as Thumb Arthritis Joint Pain.
This can make even simple tasks like opening a jar or turning a doorknob rather difficult as one wrong touch can send pain shooting up to your brain. You don’t realize how much you use your thumb and how much stability it gives you when you use your hand till you have severe thumb pain from basal thumb arthritis (arthritis at the base of your thumb) which is usually referred to as CMC arthritis (carpometacarpal arthritis.) The common medical treatments are thumb arthritis surgery and using prescription anti-inflammatory drugs or pain medicines. I don’t recommend either as they can cause serious side effects and even the loss of use of your thumb, there are much better safer alternatives which you will discover here.
Arthritis Surgery on Thumb
Your medical doctor may recommend Arthritis Surgery on Thumb, and I would only consider it as a last ditch option. I personally would use every natural treatment for thumb arthritis first because of the serious nature of arthritis surgeries and the very real dangers of surgeries gone horribly wrong! There is a whole lot of risk and little gain.
Once you go “under the knife” you may bet temporary pain relief, but risk loosing use of that joint for good as well as pain coming back with a vengeance because you didn’t fix the cause of your thumb arthritis but only tied to chase the symptoms and snip away the signals that were meant to let you know you have a problem. The most common types of arthritis in thumb joint types are CMC joint arthritis, osteoarthritis thumb and rheumatoid arthritis in thumb.
Osteoarthritis in the Thumb
Osteoarthritis is a wear and tear type of arthritis that happens when your protective joint cartilage becomes damaged (torn or worn away), you lose joint fluid (natural joint lubricant) and your bones start grinding against each other causing bone spurs, pain and limited joint mobility. When it happens in your thumb is is called Osteoarthritis in the Thumb. This is the most common type of arthritis of the thumb and affects a large part of the population, particularly after you reach 40 years of age. It can happen to men or women and usually is caused by performing repetitive type movements for a long period of time.
Osteoarthritis doesn’t sneak up on you, but is a gradual process. There is plenty you can do to stop arthritis thumb pain and even reverse osteoarthritis permanently if you treat the cause of osteoarthritis instead of just chasing symptoms. Look at the thumb arthritis treatment at the end of this article to heal your arthritis pain for good. For more information on this type of arthritis in other joints see: Osteoarthritis Treatment.
Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Thumb
Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Thumb is a less common type that osteoarthritis but it is the most severe type. Rheumatoid arthritis is called inflammatory arthritis because of the severe arthritis inflammation, pain, and deformity associated with it. It can affect people of all ages, including children and young adults (even pets.) It is diagnosed more in women than men, but the symptoms are the same. It should be treated quickly as it can cause other forms of autoimmune conditions as well as permanently disfigure or fuse your joints if not treated quickly in a safe manner.
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is caused by your immune system being severely imbalanced to the point where it attacks your healthy cells, and in this case your joints. If you have weakened immunity, it is usually because of a viral type infection which hijacks your immune system and leads to autoimmune disorders and conditions. There is plenty you can do to not only heal but reverse it if you treat it soon enough. Balancing your immune system is key, as is getting rid of viruses, parasites and other microbes that may be hijacking your natural immunity. Then treating the damage to your joints, cartilage and connective tissues can be done. For more information on RA in other joints as well see: Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment.
CMC Arthritis of Thumb
CMC Arthritis of Thumb is a type of arthritis in thumb joint that is located at the base of your thumb where your thumb and wrist joints meet. It a type of osteoarthritis called Trapeziometacarpal or Carpometacarpal Arthritis (CMC.) Carpometacarpal Arthritis is a condition that affects your first carpometacarpal joint (CMC1) at the base of your thumb. This is the type of arthritis that you experience as a grinding or popping arthritis because of the sound it can make when you try and extend, flex or move your thumb joint. Natural anti-inflammatory foods and supplements greatly help relieve pain and give comfort for CMC Arthritis.
CMC Joint Arthritis can be treated effectively using natural a natural arthritis treatment that safely repairs the damage that is causing your arthritis joint pain without harmful side effects or dangerous surgeries. Look at the natural treatment options below and you can stop the pain, heal the damage and even reverse it completely if your joints are not yet fused permanently. You can reverse CMC joint arthritis if you act quickly and remove the cause of it.
Arthritis in the Thumb Treatment
Here is a natural Arthritis in the Thumb Treatment that will relieve your thumb arthritis pain, and even reverse your arthritis if your joints have not yet fused:
- Heal n Soothe Arthritis are systemic enzymes (as opposed to digestive enzymes) that break up the scar tissue in your joints that make them inflexible. They also repair damaged torn cartilage, bone spurs and remove excess junk coral and carbonate calcium deposits.
- The Best Joint Supplement is a powerful natural joint rebuilding supplement with hyaluronic acid (joint fluid) for enhanced joint flexibility, hydrolyzed collagen peptides (bio-available collagen that is fully absorbable) and natural anti-inflammatory nutrients like natural white willow bark extract, ionic sea minerals, Vitamin K2, Magnesium, and MSM. It has all the necessary natural nutrients, in the exact amount proven to restore joint mobility and stop joint pain and destruction. It is excellent for joint pain, and tendonitis as well as having a rejuvenating effect on your hair, skin and body tissues. Restores lost joint fluid for proper cushioning and flexibility, advanced joint collagen to resurface worn or damaged cartilage and nutrients to inhibit the COX-2 inflammatory response and give you real pain relief
- Turmeric for Arthritis quickly reduces your your pain without harmful side effects.
- Omega-3 Supplements preferably from northern (atlantic, nordic or icelandic) cold-water fish like salmon, mackerel and sardines or even flax seed oil
- Intracal is the recommended form (orotate) of calcium and magnesium in the exact 2:1 ratio that is fully absorbed into your bones, teeth and joint surfaces to strengthen them and give them flexibility.
- Arthritis Pain Relief Cream rubbed directly into your painful joints. Natural CBD Hemp Oil and Emu Oil Creams work really well for arthritis pain relief and increasing joint flexibility
- Arthritis Thumb Brace – Ossur Foam Fit Arthritis Thumb Brace – Allows pain relief and healing
Natural Anti Inflammatory Supplements quickly relieve your pain, swelling and inflammation while allowing healing and joint regeneration to take place. These natural supplements are best used together, particularly the joint enzymes and joint rebuliding supplement. For Arthritis Thumb, as for arthritis in the hand, wrist or fingers, I highly recommend using the above treatment because it induces joint cartilage regeneration, while relieving your pain.
It has specific growth factors that rebuild healthy joint cartilage and synovial fluid along with other special pain relieving herbs and immune system balancing nutrients too. For complete holistic and natural treaments for arthritis that actually work visit: Natural Treatment for Arthritis.