Arthritis of the Spine
Spinal Arthritis or Arthritis of the Spine, is a degenerative joint disease that affects the spinal column. It can cause spinal decompression and makes movement very difficult as well as painful. It is caused by degeneration of the bones and discs anywhere on the spine and also spinal stenosis or narrowing of the spinal column. It is a condition that typically affects people during their midlife years and beyond (42+) and gets more common the older we get.
The joints of the spine wear down excessively in arthritic conditions as can the spinal discs. Spinal Stenosis is the narrowing of the spinal canals and thickening in the ligaments and bony structures of the spine. This leads to nerve compression due to inflammation and breakdown of the structure, and can lead to swelling, limited range of movement (such as bending) and even numbness and pain shooting up or down the entire spine.
If left untreated for very long it will develop into Degenerative Arthritis of the Spine, a condition where your spinal column (bones, joints, nerves and discs) literally fall apart, making severe fractures very common, and into a bad cycle of back pain:
- Back Pain
- Nerve Pain
- Limited Range of Movement
- Limited Ability to Exercise
- More Back Pain because of All of the Above
You need to move to increase your circulation, keep minerals moving (avoid calcium deposits that cause arthritis and limited movement) and retain your ability to move properly, with a full range of movement and without pain.
Degenerative Arthritis of the Spine
Here are the most common signs of Degenerative Arthritis
- Arthritis Back Pain including the neck, upper or lower back, and even the tail bone
- Stiffness that causes difficulty in bending down or turning to the side
- Numbness anywhere in the spinal column
- Weakness in the legs
- Urinary problems
If you’re experiencing any of the above symptoms of spinal arthritis then you should definitely start your prevention and natural treatment so it won’t turn into a debilitating form of degenerative arthritis.
What Causes Arthritis of the Spine?
- Carrying excess weight or lifting very heavy weights as in bodybuilding or squats
- Being overweight
- Injuries that cause back compression, like automobile accidents or trip and fall injuries
- There may even be some genetic predisposition to this condition as well
- Overuse of any joint, like excessive bending during gardening
- Having other inflammatory type diseases
- Poor diet and exercise habits
- Weak and imbalanced back muscles
Spinal Arthritis Treatment
- Get a Far Infrared Heating Pad, and drape it over your back. This allows your muscles and connective tissues to relax and reduces inflammation and pain.
- Begin incorporating an arthritis diet, and cut back on the items that cause inflammation and pain
- Include Omega-3 oils (preferably from northern cold water fish)
- Add warming spices (anti-inflammatories) to your meals if you enjoy them (curry, turmeric, ginger, garlic, cayenne)
- Drink plenty of fluids, particularly Alkaline Water (removing acidity from the joints is extremely important and hydrating the joint keeps it operating smoothly and fluidly)
- Try topical Rub-On Relief for temporary relief (provides temporary acute pain relief while recovering)
- Take arthritis remedies (glucosamine, SAM-e, Curcumin & Bioprene)
- Use the homeopathic remedy for arthritis in conjunction with herbal remedies and muscle exercises and relaxers
Back Pain Exercises
- Water exercise or aerobics (swimming or walking in a pool with lukewarm water)
- Get Inverted Use an Inversion Table and use it to relieve the pressure off your neck and spinal column
- Hit The Trigger Use trigger point therapy to relieve the pressure on the nerves that are causing the pain
- Resistance Training Perform joint friendly non-impact arthritis exercises to strengthen the muscles surrounding the joints , taking pressure off of them and begin true healing.
- Posture Training – The Alexander Technique is really great for this. Proper Posture is very important in getting arthritis pain relief and this is also taught in the Feldenkrais (highly recommended) methods which are similar and can help you never experience a back ache or joint ache again!
- Ergonomics – Proper Ergonomic Posture reduces stress on your back and joints.
- Muscle Balance Therapy This provides you a way to remove the cause of your back pain. Highly recommended!
Holistic Treatment for Arthritis
If you’re looking for a Holistic Treatment for Arthritis that is also a natural solution to chronic back pain I recommend that you look at the complete back pain healing program. This short video shows you what is working for spinal arthritis, stenosis and sciatica. It shows you what actually works, and what treatments are just wasting your time and leaving you still frustrated with chronic back pain:
For More Information visit: The Back Pain Institute Muscle Balance Therapy
I highly recommend that you take a look at the Complete Healing Formula for Back Pain by the Back Institute. It can completely heal years of back pain and sciatica in 21 days! With 98% relief in only 3 days. Highly Recommended! Just click on the DVD and box below and you’ll be amazed at how quickly you can heal 100%.