Arthritis in the Hands
Arthritis in the Hands is the inflammation or irritation of the joints in the hand and is usually accompanied by tenderness to the touch and painful extension or movement. Healthy joints move and extend easily because they are covered with articular cartilage (a smooth slippery surface) that is naturally lubricated with joint fluid (hyaluronic acid) and protected by the synovium (joint lining.) When your joint becomes damaged because of wear and tear of the cartilage or through inflammation the result in a painful limited range of movement due to Arthritis Hands.
There are 3 Main Types of arthritis in the hands that you should be aware of. Osteoarthritis in Hands, Rheumatoid Arthritis in Hands and Psoriatic Arthritis in Hands. CPPD (calcium pyrophosphate deposition disease) is a rarer type of arthritis of the hands caused by deposits of junk calcium phosphate crystals that have accumulated in your hand joints. They have distinct patters of hand arthritis pain, and which finger joints they affect most. A great way to begin healing and relieving the pain in your hands is by using the natural treatment at the end of this page.
Symptoms of Arthritis in Hands
To be sure you have hand arthritis in your wrist, fingers or thumb joints look at the most common signs and see for yourself. Here are the most common Symptoms of Arthritis in Hands:
- Clicking Noises When You Extend Your Fingers
- Popping Sounds When You Flex Your Wrist or Knuckles
- Stiffness In Your Hands – Most Noticeable in the Morning
- Locked Wrist or Fingers
- Painful Extension or Movement of Wrist, Fingers or Thumb
- Nodules (sausage like bump) at One or More of Your Knuckles
- Fingers That Catch or Lock in Bent Position, That Can “pop” Straight
If you have any combination of the above hand arthritis in the hands signs and symptoms then you will want to treat it as soon as possible so you don’t develop permanent joint fusions that prevent you from using your hands normally. It can also help you reverse most or all of the damage to your hand if you treat it soon enough. You can greatly help relieve arthritis joint pain from both rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis by using the natural arthritis remedies shown at the bottom of this page.
Rheumatoid Arthritis in the Hands
Rheumatoid Arthritis in the Hands is caused by your immune system being compromised and attacking your healthy hand joints. Over 90% of people that are diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis will develop Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) symptoms in their wrist, fingers and hands. If affects about 1% of the total adult population and women are three times more likely to develop RA than men. Rheumatoid Arthritis is called inflammatory arthritis because it causes severe painful inflammation and swelling.
Rheumatoid Arthritis in the hands can affect many joints at once, unlike Osteoarthritis which usually happens on one joint or a pair. It is an autoimmune disorder that is caused by your immune system being compromised, so it mistakenly now starts attacking your body’s healthy joints. Undetected viruses and a highly acidic body can cause your immune system to become imbalanced to the point where it is hijacked so instead of protecting you, your immune system now attacks you.
Visit How to Boost Your Immune System to stop this from happening to you and keep your immune system properly balanced and working with you instead of against you. An acute attack of RA can be triggered by using prescription medicines (side effects), exposure to harmful chemicals, heavy metal exposure, overuse of antibiotics or environmental toxins that harm your immune system. These include neurotoxins and immune system hijackers like fluoride, chlorine, and pesticides.
Osteoarthritis in the Hands
Osteoarthritis in the Hands is caused by excess wear and tear in your feet joints, from performing excess repetitive moments, sports injury and having too acidic a body. Osteoarthritis affects virtually everyone, especially people 40 years of age and older. Women are more prone to getting arthritis of any kind and often at an earlier age than men. Medical X-rays show joint damage in over 60% of adults aged 60+, and about 90% of patients over age 75 years of age. It is common but doesn’t have to be, as there is plenty you can do to not only treat, but prevent and reverse it naturally.
Osteoarthritis hand pain is greatest in the morning or after you awake from sleep or a nap. It usually gets better during the day (you’re moving, and that helps) and gets worse in the evening again. It happens because your hand joints get damaged due to excess grinding, compression and performing repetitive movements with your hands over time. It is common in industrial workers, computer technicians, secretaries, typists, athletes, and people who use their hands for a living. There is plenty you can do to stop and even reverse osteoarthritis in the hands if your joints are not yet fused together.
Using Natural Anti Inflammatory supplements like turmeric, foods with enzymes like papaya, tart cherries, and alkaline foods and beverages can reduce these acids and relieve some inflammation with arthritis in the hands. Start using systemic enzymes (like Heal N Soothe) to break up the scar tissue, bone spurs, excess calcium deposits, and damaged articular cartilage in your hands so you can actually heal. For more information on this form of wear and tear arthritis see: Osteoarthritis Treatment.
Psoriatic Arthritis in the Hands
Psoriatic Arthritis in the Hands is caused an autoimmune disorder that causes your immune system to attack healthy cells, and in this case the joints in your hands. It is an inflammatory type of arthritis like Rheumatoid Arthritis with psoriasis of the skin in the hand area. Psoriasis is a skin infection that causes red and white scaly type bumps on the skin. It usually affects the hands, back and legs. If you have it, there are natural ways to actually stop it and heal. See: Natural Remedies for Psoriasis.
Psoriatic Arthritis (PA) usually develops in about 10-40% of people who have skin psoriasis. So treating the psoriasis is a good way to prevent PA from happening to you. Untreated viruses combined with a highly acidic body can cause your immune system to become unstable and imbalanced to the point where it becomes hijacked by these harmful invaders, Now your immune system is attacking you instead of protecting you.
Psoriatic Arthritis in the hands can be acutely triggered (have a sudden attack) by side effects of prescription medicines, exposure to harmful toxins, heavy metals, antibiotics or environmental chemicals that harm your immune system. These include nervous system toxins that also harm your immune system like fluoride, chlorine, and pesticides. For more information on why this happens and what you can do to protect yourself safely see: Psoriatic Arthritis Treatment.
Arthritis of the Hands Treatment
Here is a natural Arthritis of the Hands Treatment that will relieve your arthritis hand pain, and even reverse your arthritis if your joints have not yet been permanently fused together:
- Heal n Soothe Arthritis (pictured above) are enzymes that go through your whole body and break up the scar tissue in your joints that make them inflexible. They also repair damaged torn cartilage, bone spurs and remove excess junk coral and carbonate calcium deposits.
- Pain Relief Cream for Arthritis gives you topical pain relief for the exact areas that are hurting you. This is a very good natural pain reliever that works especially well for arthritis joint pain, back pain, neck pain and muscle pain.
- The Best Joint Supplement (shown below) is a natural joint rebuilder with joint fluid (hyaluronic acid for increased joint flexibility, hydrolyzed collagen peptides (natural form of collagen that is fully absorbable) and natural anti inflammatory ingredients like white willow bark extract, ionic sea minerals, Vitamin K2, Magnesium, and MSM. Super joint supplement has all the necessary natural nutrients, in the exact amount proven to restore joint flexibility and stop your joint pain and destruction. It is so helpful for joint pain, and tendonitis as well as having a rejuvenating effect on your hair, skin and body tissues. SJS provides lost joint fluid for proper cushioning and flexibility, advanced joint collagen to resurface worn or damaged cartilage and nutrients to inhibit the COX-2 inflammatory response and give you real pain relief.
- Arthritis Hand Support Brace If it hurts when you move your hand then use an Ossur Arthritis Brace for Support While Healing to not allow extra joint damage to occur.
- Use an Infrared Heating Pad (it helps provide healing energy and pain reliving infrared wave frequencies into your elbow to prevent further damage, expedites healing and gives you excellent pain relief)
Natural Anti Inflammatory Supplements quickly relieve your pain, swelling and inflammation while allowing healing and joint regeneration to take place. These natural supplements are best used together, particularly the joint enzymes and joint rebuilding supplement. For Hand Arthritis, as for arthritis in the wrist and fingers, I highly recommend taking Hyaluronic Acid for Joints (Super Joint Support Formula.)
It has powerful tissue regeneration capabilities so you actually heal from arthritis in the hands and not just treat it endlessly. It has a specific growth factors that build new joint cartilage and synovial fluid along with other special pain relieving herbs and immune system balancers too. For complete holistic and natural treatments for arthritis that actually work visit: Natural Treatment for Arthritis.